5 rounds of this kettlebell strength circuit
40 seconds work/20 seconds rest
- Double kettlebell cleans
- KB See Saw Press
- Double kettlebell front squat
- Kettlebell 1 arm row (every 7 switch)
What is a Kettlebell Clean?
Cleans are the next exercise in our Kettlebell progression. With the clean, you get more of a skill based dynamic/ballistic movement. It also serves as a base for a number of other movements. The clean is similar to a swing but involves a tighter movement and more active recruitment of the muscles of the upper back.
Why You Should Do Kettlebell Cleans …
Because you need to develop the ability to explosively get a weight off the floor and safely get it into a “racked” position … in order to perform most kettlebell exercises.
- Explosive power – cleans help you build it from the ground up
- Safer Ballistic Exercise – instead of trying to learn the power clean with a barbell with more weight (potentially more dangerous) the lighter KB allows you to get in good ballistic/explosive training without having to learn perfect Barbell technique.
- Tendon Strength – Cleans build “tendon strength” from “catching” the ballistic weight of the KB in your rack
- Posterior Chain – Cleans build pulling power & posterior strength/explosiveness/endurance & if you’re like most athletes — you need all the posterior work you can get!