Five Rounds for time of:
- 10 One arm dumbell snatch (left)
- 10 box jump
- 10 One arm dumbell snatch (right)
- 10 KB Swings
- 10 Barbell Get up situp
Let’s go heavy on those DB’s. We want to go heavier now to get those cuts in the summer.
The Skinny on Getting Fit for Summer (and Beyond)
Yes, we have probably heard it all. And yet we are still trying to find the best way to get fit for the beach. It never hurts to be reminded of the guidelines that will produce results. So here goes:
1) Adequate exercise: The minimum for an effective regimen includes 3 times a week of 45-minute strength & conditioning. 10 minutes of stretching after each exercise session is a must, and will not only keep your muscles long, limber and lean, but will give you the added benefit of reducing stress!
2) Increase hydration: Water, water, water! 6-8 cups per day is sufficient. Herbal tea is also good, as is carbonated mineral water (add a squeeze of lemon or lime for flavor). Consider juice to be a dessert – when in the mood for fruit, have one whole fruit instead.
3) Thoughtful nutrition: We are coming into a season with plentiful fresh fruit and vegetables. Choose organic, especially when it comes to the dirty dozen (see http://www.organic.org/articles/showarticle/article-214). Rule of thumb is anything without a rind should be organic whenever possible, and for foods with a thick skin, organic is optional. Add as many servings of “naked” veggies as you can (aim for 4-6 servings a day). Read labels on packaged foods, and compare nutritional content when making choices. Get your omega 3’s from raw walnuts or flax. Raw almonds are a good substitute for meat. If you are paying attention to the quality of food that you are consuming, chances are you will take better care of yourself. It relates to mindfulness.