This is a 35 second MAX work / 15 second rest for four rounds with 2 minute rest period after 2 rounds.
- Row MAX distance
- MAX Single jump rope rotations
- MAX Sit-ups
- MAX Burpees
- MAX DB Hang squat cleans (30/20)
If you aren’t meeting or surpassing your aerobic (cardio) and anaerobic (strength) threshold then your not working hard enough!
Any other boxing class pale’s by comparison to ours!
Sent to us by Ally… NLP training translated into real life situations helping others: KB swings=throwing trash up and into dumpsters, push press=lifting up furniture to get it out of basements, pushing the sled=pushing furniture and other heavy appliances up steps, box jumps=jumping onto high piles to pull up trash from those below, sumo high pulls=lifting heavy trash bags and walking to sanitation trucks, clean and press=lifting furniture out of basements, bent over rows=starting a generator, and last but not least BURPEES=the endurance to get it all done while helping others.
Thanks Ally it’s so true.
Here’s Juan’s personal workout for today…
- Start off with deficit Hex-bar Dead-lifts = with a 35 lb plate below the feet using straight hex handles-not raised handles. Go for 85% of your max for 3 sets of 6 reps. i.e. if you lift 100 lbs then rep with 85 lbs.
- Weighted (vest) Horizontal Reclines feet on box 10 reps for 3 sets
- DB Single leg squats (foot on bench) 50 lbs in each hand 6 reps for 3 sets- make sure you squat well below parallel
- Bench Press 85% of max 10 reps for 3 sets (use proper form) lower back arched press down on feet and glutes fired up
- DB Seated Shoulder Press (strict & heavy) 6 reps for 3 sets
Make sure your resting at least 2 minutes between sets for full recovery using these heavy loads. Remember you should only be able to lift the weight chosen for the desired reps. If you can do 7 or 5 reps maybe it’s OK but no more or no less.