The Day After (SPD) Couplets
- 35/35/25 work/work/rest
Of the following movements:
- Reclines / Ball Slams / rest
- Wall Ball / Speed Wall Passes to Squat Thrusts / rest
- KB Cleans (r) / KB Cleans (l) / rest
- KB Front Squats / KB Swings / rest
- Alternating Anterior (slamball) Reaches w/ OH Press / Slam Ball Thrusters / rest
Juevo’s ROD – If you can do less than 6 reps it’s too heavy, do more than 8 reps too light. Choose your weight wisely. That means go heavy, if you have a spotter even better.
Super Set each couplet (set) and rest 120 – 180 seconds between sets for proper recovery. Rest same between couplets.
Incline Bench – 3×6-8 reps (stepper with 1 riser)
Weighted Wide Grip Dips – 3×6-8 reps (lean forward in the movement, set up dip station just wider than shoulder width)
Shoulder Press – 3×6-8 reps (strict, no leg involvement) shoulder width grip
DB Seated Bent Over Lateral Raises – 3×6-8 reps (slight bend in elbows)
Weighted (vest and chains) Narrow Push-ups – 3×6-8 reps (elbows back)
Tricep Band Speed Push-Downs – 3×30 seconds (med bands- start strict end screwy)